Can't Access Database

Feb 26, 2010 at 3:39 AM
Edited Feb 26, 2010 at 3:41 AM

Hello all.  I am trying out oxite and I ran in to an issue right off the bat.  I was hoping that you guys could help me out and let me know what i need to do to fix this.  I followed the instructions at http://www.codeplex.com/wikipage?ProjectName=oxite&title=gettingstarted&referringTitle=Home and I get an error when I run the project.  Here is the error:  Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Cannot open database "Oxite.Database" requested by the login. The login failed.
Login failed for user 'Desktop\User'.

Server Error in '/' Application.

Cannot open database "Oxite.Database" requested by the login. The login failed.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Cannot open database "Oxite.Database" requested by the login. The login failed.

Now I can view the tables in the database via Visual Web Developer 2008 express, but as you see, my asp.net pages cannot access the database, but I have no clue how to fix it.  Any thoughts?

Coordinator
Feb 26, 2010 at 5:14 AM

This isn't really an Oxite issue at this point and just a "connecting to sql server from .net" problem.  Could be a lot of things.  What's your connection string look like (minus any passwords)?

Also though, be aware that there is no future development of Oxite being done.  The two main contributors (Nathan Heskew and myself) moved to another team working on an extensible CMS platform called Orchard in November.  http://orchardproject.net

Feb 26, 2010 at 11:37 AM

Okay, sounds good.  I guess I will just check that one out then... so disregard the question.  BTW, why did you guys switch to orchard? 

Coordinator
Feb 26, 2010 at 5:21 PM

Oxite was a side project.  Joining the Orchard team lets us work on about the same thing full time.

Feb 26, 2010 at 10:50 PM

Did you run the SQL create script to create the Oxite.Database in your SQL Server Express?  I have done that and gotten past the error you are getting.  I'm having an issue with it looking for the plugins table in the database.  I ran the one main SQL create script, but when I tried to run the second and third upgrade SQL scripts, they fail.  Apparently the sql scripts are not 100% contiguous.

Feb 27, 2010 at 1:34 AM
ErikPorter wrote:

Oxite was a side project.  Joining the Orchard team lets us work on about the same thing full time.

Erik,

Thats pretty sweet you guys get to work on it full time.  Seems like a dream job.  I was looking at Orchard site and it looks pretty cool.  Your FAQ says that there is not a full release yet.  Any thoughts as to when that will be?

Coordinator
Feb 28, 2010 at 7:30 AM

It is a fun job for sure. :)

Correct. You can check out the code now (we checkin lots of code daily), but not release yet.  I can't say when, but can say to keep watching closely because you will see something in the near future.

Apr 23, 2010 at 10:29 PM
Edited Apr 23, 2010 at 10:30 PM

You should edit the connectionstring in oxiet.config.