Build Problems

Jan 26, 2009 at 10:12 PM

I have been pulling down the latest version of source code but keep getting the same build error.  I was wondering if someone could tell me what else I need to do to get the source to build.  I read the disclaimer on the check-in comments but assumed that I should at least be able to build the project.  My apologies if that assumption is incorrect.

Here are some of the errors that I have been getting...

Error 1 The type or namespace name 'ReflectedActionDescriptor' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Users\bbehm\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Oxite\Oxite\Oxite.Mvc\ActionFilters\ControllerActionCriteria.cs 13 22 Oxite.Mvc

Error 2 The type or namespace name 'ActionDescriptor' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Users\bbehm\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Oxite\Oxite\Oxite.Mvc\ActionFilters\ActionFilterRegistryContext.cs 14 81 Oxite.Mvc

Error 5 The non-generic type 'System.Web.Mvc.HtmlHelper' cannot be used with type arguments C:\Users\bbehm\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Oxite\Oxite\Oxite.Mvc\Extensions\HtmlHelperExtensions.cs 27 65 Oxite.Mvc

Error 20 Metadata file 'C:\Users\bbehm\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Oxite\Oxite\Oxite.Mvc\bin\Debug\Oxite.Mvc.dll' could not be found OxiteSite

Thanks for any help you can provide,
Brian

Jan 27, 2009 at 10:09 AM
The most recent sources are already using the Release Candidate of ASP.NET MVC. You have to wait for the public availability of the RC before you can compile Oxite.
Jan 27, 2009 at 2:44 PM
Ahhh...that would explain it.  Thanks for the info.
Coordinator
Jan 27, 2009 at 8:26 PM
The RC is now available:  http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2009/01/27/asp-net-mvc-1-0-release-candidate-now-available.aspx
Feb 1, 2009 at 4:12 AM
I am using RC1, but still struck at 
The type or namespace name 'ModelBinderResult' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) ~\Oxite\Oxite.Mvc\ArchiveDataBinder.cs 14 16 Oxite.Mvc.
Feb 1, 2009 at 3:58 PM
Edited Feb 1, 2009 at 4:03 PM

@sriharshavardhan: Same for me!

Installed MVC RC on Windows 7 and Oxite is missing 'ModelBinderResult' class. Obviously I couldn't find any similar class in the Object Explorer.

Has it been dropped in the Release Candidate?

Additionally, property 'RouteData' of class 'ModelBindingContext' can't be found in ArchiveDataBinder.cs:16

Coordinator
Feb 2, 2009 at 4:35 AM
@sriharshavardhan and @geahaad

Sorry, should've specified, this is in our latest check-ins.  Those will be compatibile with ASP.NET MVC RC.  The current release from January will not be compatibile with the RC.  The next release will include all the changes we've been working on this month and will work with the RC, but I would guess we're still a week out (give or take a day or two).  For now if you'd like to check out our progress, grab the latest check-in (again, it will work the RC), but be warned that some of Oxite is currently broken.  We're still in the middle of a big refactor.
Feb 3, 2009 at 4:55 PM
Great, thanks for your kind answer, Erik.

Take your time while cleaning up and moving stuff around.
Coordinator
Feb 3, 2009 at 4:58 PM
You're welcome and thanks, will do, although we're excited to get this release out soon.  :)
Feb 12, 2009 at 5:20 AM
Hi,

Is 'ModelBinderResult'  error is fixed? I am waiting for new release.
Coordinator
Feb 12, 2009 at 5:43 AM
We're done with the new release and we're doing final testing/verification.  It will go up tomorrow.
Feb 12, 2009 at 5:49 AM
Edited Feb 12, 2009 at 5:50 AM
Just follow Erik on twitter (@HumanCompiler) and you're up to date :)
It seems, we've something to toy with on the upcoming weekend.

Thank you in advance for the hard work you guys did in the last couple of weeks!
Coordinator
Feb 12, 2009 at 5:50 AM
You're welcome and thanks for the twitter mention.  :)
Feb 12, 2009 at 9:59 AM
I'm missing three references in the latest source, Microsoft.Practices.*
Should I just wait for the release or how could I fix this?
Coordinator
Feb 12, 2009 at 10:15 AM
Edited Feb 12, 2009 at 10:16 AM
You need to install Unity.  The instructions for the dependencies are here.  Whether you wait for us to release tomorrow or use the current checkin doesn't matter.  You'll need it either way.