Error

Feb 9, 2009 at 5:26 PM
Receiving this error

A route named 'Site' could not be found in the route collection.
Parameter name: name

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: A route named 'Site' could not be found in the route collection.
Parameter name: name

Source Error:

Line 341:        public static string Site(this UrlHelper urlHelper)
Line 342:        {
Line 343:            return urlHelper.RouteUrl("Site");
Line 344:        }
Line 345:

Source File: C:\Users\Jerry Dean\Desktop\oxite\Oxite\Oxite.Mvc\Extensions\UrlHelperExtensions.cs    Line: 343

Feb 9, 2009 at 5:37 PM
Edited Feb 9, 2009 at 5:40 PM
I tried again and got the hello world post up, clicked on login and nothing changes. The about link does not work either.
Coordinator
Feb 9, 2009 at 8:50 PM
I mentioned this to you in email, but to "close the loop", make sure you're running ASP.NET MVC RC (not the Beta).
Feb 9, 2009 at 9:05 PM
Yes, I am running ASP.NET MVC RC
Coordinator
Feb 9, 2009 at 10:03 PM
Are you running the latest release (from January 5th) or one of our checkins since then?
Feb 9, 2009 at 10:17 PM
Coordinator
Feb 9, 2009 at 10:24 PM
Weird.  That should work fine.

There were two versions of the RC that were released.  Is it possible you caught the first one?  Check out Phil's post for details of what I'm talking about.  Just want to first make sure you're running the RC Refresh because urls not rendering properly was a bug in the original RC that went out.
Feb 9, 2009 at 10:45 PM
I installed the latest RC and I am able to login now. Thanks.
Feb 9, 2009 at 10:52 PM
I tried to add and save a page and received this error:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

Line 56:         public virtual object SaveAdd(string pageAddPath, Page pageInput, User currentUser)
Line 57:         {
Line 58:             string pagePath = pageAddPath.Substring(0, pageAddPath.Length - ("/" + PageMode.Add).Length);
Line 59: 
Line 60:             if (pagePath.Length == pageAddPath.Length) return null;

Source File: C:\Users\Jerry Dean\Desktop\oxite\Oxite\Oxite.Mvc\Controllers\PageController.cs    Line: 58

Coordinator
Feb 9, 2009 at 10:57 PM
We are still in the process of finalizing the next release so there are things that are broken in our current checkins.  We are expecting to ship the new release some time tomorrow.  You can either keep getting our latest checkins (we are checking in very frequently though) or wait until tomorrow.