Build Problem

Mar 7, 2009 at 2:07 PM
When i build my oxite project first time,i get some errors:

Error    1    The type or namespace name 'ModelBinderResult' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)    C:\Documents and Settings\bilgitek\Belgelerim\Oxite\Oxite.Mvc\ArchiveDataBinder.cs    14    16    Oxite.Mvc

Error    2    Metadata file 'C:\Documents and Settings\bilgitek\Belgelerim\Oxite\Oxite.Mvc\bin\Debug\Oxite.Mvc.dll' could not be found    OxiteSite

where's my problem???anyone can help me!!!!

Error    2    Metadata file 'C:\Documents and Settings\bilgitek\Belgelerim\Oxite\Oxite.Mvc\bin\Debug\Oxite.Mvc.dll' could not be found    OxiteSite
Mar 7, 2009 at 3:13 PM
I've downloaded and installed the OXITE application, unziped and extracted the dll's as mentioned on the installation page.

When I try to run the app from Visual Studio 2008, I get this error:

Error 1 The type or namespace name 'IRouteConstraint' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) 
C:\Users\ME\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\WebSites\Oxite\Oxite\Routing\IsPageModeConstraint.cs 12 31 Oxite

Along with a bunch of other references/occurences of this error.

What am I missing?  Why is the install so cumbersome.  One installer would have been key.

Anyway, thanks in advance for any assistance.
Coordinator
Mar 9, 2009 at 4:47 AM
@onthere

It looks like you don't have ASP.NET MVC RC1 installed.  Make sure you have all the dependencies for Oxite installed.

@doWhileSomething

Are you sure you successfully installed ASP.NET MVC RC1?  IRouteConstraint would be in there.

As for why it's so cumbersome is because of legal issues we have to exclude all referenced assemblies because of this being an open source project.  Later we might consider making a single installer, but that would only be if we decided to provide a binary (no source code) version.
May 16, 2010 at 4:36 PM

i am having following problems any solution please?

Error    1    'Oxite.Mvc.Infrastructure.OxiteControllerFactory.GetControllerInstance(System.Type)': no suitable method found to override    C:\Users\yoosuf\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\WebSites\Oxite\Oxite.Mvc\Infrastructure\OxiteControllerFactory.cs    21    40    Oxite.Mvc

Error    2    Metadata file 'C:\Users\yoosuf\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\WebSites\Oxite\Oxite.Mvc\bin\Debug\Oxite.Mvc.dll' could not be found    OxiteSite

Error    3    Metadata file 'C:\Users\yoosuf\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\WebSites\Oxite\Oxite.Mvc\bin\Debug\Oxite.Mvc.dll' could not be found    Oxite.Mvc.Tests