Localization

Apr 11, 2009 at 8:16 PM
Hi,
I tried to fill my language (I tried "cs-CZ" and "cs" strings) and nothing happend. Is there any localization resource?
Apr 11, 2009 at 9:16 PM
In most for pay VS2005/8 you could save the solution as CZ with the advanced save as option and in SQL Server you could change the database collation to CZ in database properties then options.  I am not saying this will take care of all but will take you in the right direction.
Apr 12, 2009 at 8:41 AM
I described my problem wrong probably. I have no problem with national characters (as fas as I tried) I want to translate UI of Oxite itself.
Apr 12, 2009 at 3:57 PM
I am not aware of Asp.net providing translation but there is existing code you could use with a switch statement that can change language with drop downlist.  It is almost automatic but some globalization code required.

Coordinator
Apr 12, 2009 at 7:13 PM
There is localization code built-in to Oxite, but we haven't used it for much ... you should be able to just fill the database table with the appropriate language + value and then, if the user's accept language in their browser is set to that language, that is the text they will see.

This is for UI only, not for content.
May 4, 2009 at 10:06 AM
I returned to this and found only languages table, where is dome kind of guid and language description. In which table are these language resources?
Coordinator
May 4, 2009 at 11:19 PM
You can find the language specific strings in oxite_StringResource and oxite_StringResourceVerson , essentially you can have the same string resource with multiple versions with different language values.