link urls not fully qualified

Apr 13, 2009 at 11:06 PM
I think technorati might be having some problems with my site because the rss and atom feed urls are not fully qualified (i.e., they are /RSS instead of http://myblog.com/RSS)

Examples:

<link href="/RSS" rel="alternate" title="Core Content Only (RSS)" type="application/rss+xml" />
<link href="/ATOM" rel="alternate" title="Core Content Only (ATOM)" type="application/atom+xml" />

Has this been addressed that anyone recalls before I run off trying to do it myself?  I am slightly out of date as I am currently on the Feb 15 release.

OR, maybe someone can say that's not the issue?
Coordinator
Apr 13, 2009 at 11:17 PM
Just find where that url is being generated and wrap it with Url.Absolute().  I'm not entirely sure it's a bug though.  Is there a spec somewhere that says link href's should be absolute.  I figure they're in the context of the page they're rendered on so they shouldn't need to be.  Maybe I'm wrong.  Any documentation anywhere to say one way or the other?
Apr 13, 2009 at 11:19 PM
You are certainly not wrong..yet.  :)

I'm grasping at straws to find something to correct that fact that technorati isn't indexing my site.  I will look for some documentation either way, but have not found anything authoratitive yet.  I will also try making the change and seeing if that has any affect anyway. 

On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 5:17 PM, ErikPorter <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Just find where that url is being generated and wrap it with Url.Absolute().  I'm not entirely sure it's a bug though.  Is there a spec somewhere that says link href's should be absolute.  I figure they're in the context of the page they're rendered on so they shouldn't need to be.  Maybe I'm wrong.  Any documentation anywhere to say one way or the other?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (oxite@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email oxite@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com