Method 'FindPartialView' does not have an implementation.

May 8, 2009 at 5:07 PM

I have a small problem :
My Oxite Application work on my computer but when i copy to Windows 2003 server i have an error:

Method 'FindPartialView' in type 'Oxite.Mvc.Infrastructure.OxiteViewEngine' from assembly 'Oxite.Mvc, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' does not have an implementation.

[TypeLoadException: Method 'FindPartialView' in type 'Oxite.Mvc.Infrastructure.OxiteViewEngine' from assembly 'Oxite.Mvc, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' does not have an implementation.]

Oxite.Mvc.ContainerFactory.GetOxiteContainer() in F:\Projekty\Oxite\Oxite.Mvc\ContainerFactory.cs:83

Oxite.Mvc.OxiteApplication.setupContiner() in F:\Projekty\Oxite\Oxite.Mvc\OxiteApplication.cs:91

Oxite.Mvc.OxiteApplication.OnStart() in F:\Projekty\Oxite\Oxite.Mvc\OxiteApplication.cs:37

Oxite.Mvc.OxiteApplication.Application_Start() in F:\Projekty\Oxite\Oxite.Mvc\OxiteApplication.cs:318

My First thing is : "Database" but when i change all connection strings to the same base on external server on my pc still work but on server didn't.

Coordinator
May 8, 2009 at 5:11 PM

hhhmmm...strange.  Can you try deleting all the deployed files off of your server and redeploying again from your local machine to make sure it's not a deployment problem?

May 8, 2009 at 5:15 PM

I thing the same but first i publish to project to local IIS (This work)
And copy the same files to the server and this not work :(
Databse in both case is in the server.
Ant this error is showed only when app start when app is started i get :

A route named 'Site' could not be found in the route collection.

Coordinator
May 8, 2009 at 5:19 PM

Yah, unfortunately that error doesn't mean what it says.  It means that something didn't load from the database usually.  I'm guessing there's some sort of configuration problem like the connection string to your sql server isn't correct or something required to be there for Oxite to run isn't there (does it have .NET 3.5 SP1? etc).

May 8, 2009 at 5:22 PM

I install all required parts:
.NET 3.5 SP1 (normal MVC apps work)

Installing AntiXSS 3.0 Beta
Installing Unity 1.2

Connection string is correct (i check this few times).

Coordinator
May 8, 2009 at 5:29 PM

Weird.  Need to figure out what's not getting loaded.  Is this Windows Server 2003 box hosted by someone else or do you have access to debug on it?

May 8, 2009 at 10:21 PM
Edited May 8, 2009 at 10:26 PM

This is my VPS Host.
My testing Server i can do what i wont :)
i try to trace bugs and last method what correct work is:
GetOxiteContainer() <-- after this i get error

May 8, 2009 at 11:02 PM
Edited May 8, 2009 at 11:04 PM

I Find Solution:
I need MVC ver 1.0 on beta this not work!!!
Coud you change"Getting Started with Oxite"

Coordinator
May 9, 2009 at 12:21 AM

Dang, nice catch. That page is all fixed up to reference the 1.0 release now...