This project is read-only.

Build errors/install problem

Jun 17, 2009 at 5:55 PM
Edited Jun 17, 2009 at 5:58 PM

I have just downloaded the Oxite.2009.2.15 release and installed it by following the getting started guide, but I can't get it to build. I have tried on Windows 7 beta and on a clean XP install, but I keep get the same build errors:

Error    1    The type or namespace name 'Security' does not exist in the namespace 'Microsoft' (are you missing an assembly reference?)    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Oxite.2009.2.15\Oxite\Oxite\Extensions\StringExtensions.cs    11    17    Oxite

Error    2    Metadata file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Oxite.2009.2.15\Oxite\Oxite\bin\Debug\Oxite.dll' could not be found    Oxite.LinqToSqlDataProvider

Error    3    Metadata file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Oxite.2009.2.15\Oxite\Oxite\bin\Debug\Oxite.dll' could not be found    Oxite.Mvc

Error    4    Metadata file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Oxite.2009.2.15\Oxite\Oxite.LinqToSqlDataProvider\bin\Debug\Oxite.LinqToSqlDataProvider.dll' could not be found    OxiteSite

Error    5    Metadata file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Oxite.2009.2.15\Oxite\Oxite\bin\Debug\Oxite.dll' could not be found    OxiteSite

Error    6    Metadata file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Oxite.2009.2.15\Oxite\Oxite.Mvc\bin\Debug\Oxite.Mvc.dll' could not be found    OxiteSite

Warning    7    Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "AntiXssLibrary". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.    Oxite

Warning    8    The referenced component 'AntiXssLibrary' could not be found.    

I guess it's a trivial problem, but I have no clue how to fix it. What am I missing? Wrong configuration of Visual Web Dev?

I'm using Oxite.2009.2.15, Asp.Net MVC 1.0, AntiXXS V 3.0 Beta, XUnite 1.1 and Unity 1.2

Thanks in advance

Jun 17, 2009 at 7:47 PM
It says it can't find the AntiXSS library. Are you sure you got the right version and put it in the right place? XP or Win7 should work just fine.

(sent from WinMo 6.1 phone)

Sent: Wednesday, June 17, 2009 10:21 AM
To: Erik Porter <Erik.Porter@microsoft.com>
Subject: Build errors/install problem [oxite:59834]

I have just downloaded the Oxite.2009.2.15 release and installed it by following the getting started guide, but I can't get it to build. I have tried on Windows 7 beta and on a clean XP install, but I keep get the same build errors:

Error    1    The type or namespace name 'Security' does not exist in the namespace 'Microsoft' (are you missing an assembly reference?)    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Oxite test\Oxite\Oxite\Extensions\StringExtensions.cs    11    17    Oxite

Error    2    Metadata file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Oxite test\Oxite\Oxite\bin\Debug\Oxite.dll' could not be found    Oxite.LinqToSqlDataProvider

Error    3    Metadata file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Oxite test\Oxite\Oxite\bin\Debug\Oxite.dll' could not be found    Oxite.Mvc

Error    4    Metadata file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Oxite test\Oxite\Oxite.LinqToSqlDataProvider\bin\Debug\Oxite.LinqToSqlDataProvider.dll' could not be found    OxiteSite

Error    5    Metadata file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Oxite test\Oxite\Oxite.Mvc\bin\Debug\Oxite.Mvc.dll' could not be found    OxiteSite

Error    6    Metadata file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Oxite test\Oxite\Oxite\bin\Debug\Oxite.dll' could not be found    OxiteSite

Warning    7    Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "AntiXssLibrary". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.    Oxite

Warning    8    The referenced component 'AntiXssLibrary' could not be found.    

I guess it's a trivial problem, but I have no clue how to fix it. What am I missing? Wrong configuration of Visual Web Dev?

I'm using Oxite.2009.2.15, Asp.Net MVC 1.0, AntiXXS V 3.0 Beta, XUnite 1.1 and Unity 1.2

Thanks in advance

Jun 18, 2009 at 11:36 AM

Thanks Erik.

A misplaced AntiXXS was the problem. I guess I was blinded by all the red errors and didn't pay enough attention to the warnings :-/

Jan 24, 2012 at 10:48 AM

Hello !

Me too getting all the above .dll and assembly missing errors while building the application...

Pls help me out...

Thanks in Advance !

-Hariharan. A

Jan 24, 2012 at 10:48 AM

Hello !

Me too getting all the above .dll and assembly missing errors while building the application...

Pls help me out...

Thanks in Advance !

-Hariharan. A

Jan 24, 2012 at 10:51 AM

I cant find AntiXssLibrary... where i can get that and where to place ??

Jan 24, 2012 at 11:00 AM

Errors

Error 1 The type or namespace name 'Security' does not exist in the namespace 'Microsoft' (are you missing an assembly reference?) C:\Users\hariharan\Documents\Oxite\Oxite\Oxite\Extensions\StringExtensions.cs 11 17 Oxite

Error 2 Metadata file 'C:\Users\hariharan\Documents\Oxite\Oxite\Oxite\bin\Debug\Oxite.dll' could not be found Oxite.LinqToSqlDataProvider

Error 3 Metadata file 'C:\Users\hariharan\Documents\Oxite\Oxite\Oxite\bin\Debug\Oxite.dll' could not be found Oxite.Mvc

Error 4 Metadata file 'C:\Users\hariharan\Documents\Oxite\Oxite\Oxite.LinqToSqlDataProvider\bin\Debug\Oxite.LinqToSqlDataProvider.dll' could not be found Oxite.Mvc.Tests

Error 5 Metadata file 'C:\Users\hariharan\Documents\Oxite\Oxite\Oxite.Mvc\bin\Debug\Oxite.Mvc.dll' could not be found Oxite.Mvc.Tests

Error 6 Metadata file 'C:\Users\hariharan\Documents\Oxite\Oxite\Oxite\bin\Debug\Oxite.dll' could not be found Oxite.Mvc.Tests

Error 7 Metadata file 'C:\Users\hariharan\Documents\Oxite\Oxite\Oxite.LinqToSqlDataProvider\bin\Debug\Oxite.LinqToSqlDataProvider.dll' could not be found OxiteSite

Error 8 Metadata file 'C:\Users\hariharan\Documents\Oxite\Oxite\Oxite.Mvc\bin\Debug\Oxite.Mvc.dll' could not be found OxiteSite

Error 9 Metadata file 'C:\Users\hariharan\Documents\Oxite\Oxite\Oxite\bin\Debug\Oxite.dll' could not be found OxiteSite

Warnings

Warning 10 Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "AntiXssLibrary". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors. Oxite

Warning 11 The referenced component 'AntiXssLibrary' could not be found.

Please Help me out !!!

Jan 24, 2012 at 11:08 AM

Hello Mr. Erik

I am facing the above problems, can u tell me where i can get AntiXssLibrary.dll and where i should place that ??

Thanks in Advance.

Sep 5, 2012 at 8:20 AM

after setup AntiXssLibrary:http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=28589

you can use this location version:C:\Program Files\Microsoft Information Security\AntiXSS Library v4.2\NET35\AntiXSSLibrary.dll

then update your Oxite\reference\