plugin update error on 'site' in admin..

Jul 23, 2009 at 5:31 PM
Edited Jul 23, 2009 at 5:33 PM

There was a update error, for null plugin path , on admin.. site this mainly just because of missing markup code. pasted below the code that needs to be put into skins/admin/views/site/item.aspx

<div><%=Html.TextBox("pluginsPath", m => m.Item.PluginsPath, "Plugins Path", new { size = 60, @class = "text" })%></div>

I placed this on line 19, but it could go on any line.

in <font size="2" color="#0000ff">

public

</font>

class SiteValidator : ValidatorBase<Site>

Oxite\Validation\SiteValidator.cs

There is also a missing check for null of empty.

if (string.IsNullOrEmpty(input.PluginsPath))
            {
                validationState.Errors.Add(CreateValidationError(input.PluginsPath, "PluginPath", "PluginPath.RequiredError", "PluginPath is not set."));
            }

There is also another bug that i can't seem to track down as everything seems to be working correctly and that is updating this information to the database... i don't know if this is just my system or what... but when clicking on edit it goes through all the validation process then the update.. but i am unable to find out why it does not send this information to the database... if anyone who knows whats up here please let me know..

Ive also not had a chance to look at caching yet.. but will try and work out what is wrong... well looked at it but could not work out what was wrong... though, the caching works find on the blog posts it seems so going to compare them and try and work out how the system works :0

Jul 23, 2009 at 6:13 PM

ok Edit!

I was wrong, it IS updating to the database!

But there seems to be problem... with the getSite in the sitecontroller not updating correctlly with the current database information... seems to be a caching problem i think... from quickly looking at it... but ive still not learnt how that works... willl try and get around to working out how it alll work

site = siteService.GetSite()

Coordinator
Jul 23, 2009 at 6:16 PM

Yes, caching is currently not flushing.  I have that on my task list to fix soon, just been too busy.  For now, just restart the app and it will get latest from the database.