System Settings - User Admin

Dec 11, 2008 at 8:47 PM
I am really starting to get into exploring the Oxite code and see all the things you pulled together here, and how you've segmented things - some nice models.

What I'm not finding are things that I can handle in code or in the database, but that I'd hoped I'd find in the existing functionality, such as ...

1) Add/Edit a user
2) Change Password - I see some Views for Registration and Change Password but I don't see where they map to Controllers or Routes in the existing app
3) Change the Site name (or is that all in web.config?)
4) Change the skin of a particular site (i.e. if I create a new skin based on the default skin, can I easily add that to one or more sites?)
5) Managing Pages as opposed to Blog posts (BTW, were do the Pages get saved to in the DB - they add and save nicely, but I can't find them in the DB)

I'm carving out an hour or two a day to look into these things, but if there is a quick/easy answer that you already know, I would really appreciate it.
Coordinator
Dec 11, 2008 at 9:41 PM
We don't have most of those things... admin/control panel style pages... I expect they'll be added, by us or by someone else, but at the moment you'll need to use the DB for many of these tasks.

3) that is in the web.config, yep ... no 'Site' table in the DB
4) also in the web.config, a property of the site config line... I'd need Erik to say how to set it
5) pages are the same as blog posts in the DB, so you should find them in oxite_Post
Coordinator
Dec 11, 2008 at 10:47 PM
Edited Dec 11, 2008 at 10:48 PM

4) Add this attribute to the web.config/oxite/site...

themeDefault="MyTheme"

Edit: I guess we should get consistent on if we're calling them themes or skins, huh?  Since it will look under /Content/skins for a folder named "MyTheme".  Noted.  ;)