IIS 6 and Route Url Prefix

Mar 1, 2009 at 5:11 PM
Trying to get the latest release running on my hosting provider.  Pretty sure its IIS6.  I noticed a note in the admin next to the Route Url Prefix field.  I tried setting it to oxite.aspx, but the routing still isn't working.  Is anything else required to get the site to run on IIS6 ?
Coordinator
Mar 1, 2009 at 6:33 PM
By "doesn't work" do you mean that no pages come up or what?  Having anything with .aspx in it should make it so the ASP.NET Handler picks up the requests.

The other thing you can do in IIS 6 is see if your hosting provider will add a wildcard for ASP.NET so all requests are picked up by ASP.NET.  Some hosters will, some won't.
Mar 1, 2009 at 6:44 PM
As I said the routing isn't working. As expected, with the prefix blank, you end up with 404's when you try to login or go anywhere since the request is not getting to ASP.NET.  When i tried setting the prefix to "oxite.aspx", the home page gives the error "

The incoming request does not match any route.

"
And everything else is still a 404.  What is that prefix supposed to do exactly?
Mar 1, 2009 at 6:48 PM
ohhh... silly me, I see now.  I have to put oxite.aspx in the url... Interesting