This project is read-only.

Missing DB Columns?

Mar 16, 2009 at 4:27 AM
I have the oxite project installed and the database set up properly in sql.  I am able to step through, but receive a problem in the SiteRepository.cs  

Here's the error:

When I inspect the Site table I do not see the columns specified, so it is no wonder that this errors.  I have updated my code and database and am still having this problem.

Is there some piece I am missing?

Thanks,
Tom

Invalid column name 'SkinsPath'.
Invalid column name 'SkinsScriptsPath'.
Invalid column name 'SkinsStylesPath'.
Invalid column name 'Skin'.
Invalid column name 'AdminSkin'.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Invalid column name 'SkinsPath'.
Invalid column name 'AdminSkin'.

Source Error:

Line 30:                 select s;
Line 31: 
Line 32:             return projectSites(query).FirstOrDefault();
Line 33:         }
Line 34: 

Source File: E:\dev\oxite.tjl\Oxite\Oxite.LinqToSqlDataProvider\SiteRepository.cs    Line: 32

Stack Trace:

[SqlException (0x80131904): Invalid column name 'SkinsPath'.
Invalid column name 'AdminSkin'.]
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +1950890
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +4846875
   System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +194
   System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +2392
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ConsumeMetaData() +33
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData() +83
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString) +297
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async) +954
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result) +162
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method) +32
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method) +141
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +12
   System.Data.Common.DbCommand.ExecuteReader() +12
   System.Data.Linq.SqlClient.SqlProvider.Execute(Expression query, QueryInfo queryInfo, IObjectReaderFactory factory, Object[] parentArgs, Object[] userArgs, ICompiledSubQuery[] subQueries, Object lastResult) +332
   System.Data.Linq.SqlClient.SqlProvider.ExecuteAll(Expression query, QueryInfo[] queryInfos, IObjectReaderFactory factory, Object[] userArguments, ICompiledSubQuery[] subQueries) +113
   System.Data.Linq.SqlClient.SqlProvider.System.Data.Linq.Provider.IProvider.Execute(Expression query) +344
   System.Data.Linq.DataQuery`1.System.Linq.IQueryProvider.Execute(Expression expression) +49
   System.Linq.Queryable.FirstOrDefault(IQueryable`1 source) +269
   Oxite.LinqToSqlDataProvider.SiteRepository.GetSite(String name) in E:\dev\oxite.tjl\Oxite\Oxite.LinqToSqlDataProvider\SiteRepository.cs:32
   Oxite.Services.SiteService.GetSite(String name) in E:\dev\oxite.tjl\Oxite\Oxite.Core\Services\SiteService.cs:30
   Oxite.BootStrappers.RegisterSite.Execute(IDictionary`2 state) in E:\dev\oxite.tjl\Oxite\Oxite.Core\BootStrappers\RegisterSite.cs:29
   Oxite.OxiteApplication.Load(HttpContextBase context) in E:\dev\oxite.tjl\Oxite\Oxite.Core\OxiteApplication.cs:87
   Oxite.OxiteApplication.load() in E:\dev\oxite.tjl\Oxite\Oxite.Core\OxiteApplication.cs:94
   Oxite.OxiteApplication.Application_Start() in E:\dev\oxite.tjl\Oxite\Oxite.Core\OxiteApplication.cs:38

Mar 16, 2009 at 5:27 AM
We do our development in the database project (Oxite.Database) so that is up to date, but you have to have Visual Studio Pro or above (VS DB Pro) to use it.  We periodically update the MDF included in the OxiteSite web project, but can't promise it will always be up to date (it takes some time/work to update it anytime we make a schema change) so if you want to run Oxite I'd recommend the latest release (not our latest checkins).  If you're wanting to play with the latest checkin, do it at your own risk.  I'll see if we can get the MDF updated soon though.