This project is read-only.

Web Platform Installer -> Oxite

Mar 19, 2009 at 4:03 PM
I believe oxite would really benefit from a Web Platform Installer 2.0 based install. Does anyone know what kind of investment would this be in terms of hours and can someone point out the resources required to get this started. Is this something the oxite community would be interested in working towards??
Mar 22, 2009 at 7:22 AM
Definitely interested in it at some point.  We'd like to get a few more features in there that make maintaining an Oxite site easier (i.e. don't have to mess with code as much) before adding it to WebPI, but definitely something we're interested in and investigating.

It appears this is where you'd go to find out more on getting it in there.  http://www.microsoft.com/web/gallery/developer.aspx  I haven't done much research on it yet.  Feel free.  :)
Apr 29, 2009 at 8:56 PM
I just updated the MVC version from RC to 1.0 using the Web Platform Installer so I could install Oxite.  During the process I found the documentation for the install of Oxide to be a bit confusing when it referenced the Web Platform Installer.  It mentions "then you can skip ahead to 'Web Platform Installer'," but there are no further references to the WPI.  Is this an oversight?
Apr 29, 2009 at 9:01 PM
Well that would be my fault, the docs were rev'd a few times and I believe that section was moved or renamed. I'll turn this into a work item.
Apr 29, 2009 at 9:04 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.