CMS - Pages! - Edit work? and Delete problems.

Jul 6, 2009 at 10:47 PM

Hello,

I don't know if this is correct place to put this or not.. stil learning everything .. but should this sort of thing be in issue tracker?

I was having some trouble working with the edit of pages, I can add, remove.. (subpages though, not the main page... though i think that is most likely just a UI problem as there is no button)

^ ok, ive not looked into it fully but the delete button does not delete the page.. thought it stops showing up on the admin..  but stays in the database.

Cannot insert duplicate key row in object 'dbo.oxite_Page' with unique index 'IX_oxite_Page_SitePageSlug'.
The statement has been terminated.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Cannot insert duplicate key row in object 'dbo.oxite_Page' with unique index 'IX_oxite_Page_SitePageSlug'.
The statement has been terminated.

Source Error:

Line 77:             pageToSave.CreatorUserID = user.UserID;
Line 78: 
Line 79:             context.SubmitChanges();
Line 80: 
Line 81:             return GetPage(pageToSave.SiteID, pageToSave.Slug, pageToSave.ParentPageID);

But when editting the pages, it saves the pages but the cache does not update.. just going to go and have a look at the caching stuff now.. see if i can work out whats going wrong there..

Jul 6, 2009 at 11:36 PM

looked at the caching and really could not understand how it all worked. time to go and try and learn it:)

Coordinator
Jul 6, 2009 at 11:36 PM

This is from a recent check-in, right?  We're in the middle of some big refactoring to push all functionality of Oxite into separate modules.  I don't believe we've looked at pages lately so there are probably bugs and I'm not sure offhand how to fix.  We're unfortunately really busy right now or I'd go in and figure it out and fix it.  If you figure out what's wrong, let me know and I can make the change.

Coordinator
Jul 6, 2009 at 11:37 PM

Caching is sort of "dumb" at the moment, but *should* invalidate things properly and work fine.  Let me know if you find anything wrong.  With the refactor, it's quite possible.  :(  :)