This project is read-only.

Missing Columns in Oxite.sql (changeset 42237)

Sep 3, 2009 at 11:03 PM

I downloaded todays source release, and used the Setup\Oxite.sql to set up a new database on SQL Server 2008. After changing the connection string in OxiteSite\Web.config from SQLExpress to my server I get the following exception:

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Invalid column name 'SkinsPath'.
Invalid column name 'SkinsScriptsPath'.
Invalid column name 'SkinsStylesPath'.
Invalid column name 'Skin'.
Invalid column name 'AdminSkin'.
Invalid column name 'HasMultipleBlogs'.
Invalid column name 'PluginsPath'.

Source Error: 

Line 30:                 select s;
Line 31: 
Line 32:             return projectSites(query).FirstOrDefault();
Line 33:         }
Line 34: 

Source File: ...\Oxite\Oxite\Repositories\SqlServer\SqlServerSiteRepository.cs    Line: 32 
I searched for the items in Oxite.sql in the download and couldn't find any mention of them. I also changed the connection string in Oxite\Repositories\SqlServer\Oxite.dbml to reflect my setup, but got no change. Am I missing something easy? This is the first Source Code download I have tried. I have successfully used the 2009.2.15 release in the past.

Sep 3, 2009 at 11:30 PM

We don't have updated sql scripts for generating a new database with the latest checkins (since they're ever evolving).  What you can do is grab the /Oxite/OxiteSite/App_Data/Oxite.Database.MDF and do a schema compare on it and a new database to get the proper schema you need created.  That or just attach the MDF I pointed to to a SQL Server instance.  It should "just work".  When we have a new release, we will have updated sql scripts for you to use, but for now you'll have to get the schema from the MDF.  Sorry for the inconvenience.